To place your job posting, e-mail the job title, brief description and contact information for more details in Word format to the Communications Director (click here).
Postings will be active for 30 days.
Job Posting Fees
$50.00 for York SHRM Members
$105.00 for Non York SHRM Members.
Non-Members will then have an opportunity to become a member of the York SHRM for the remainder of the calendar year (Must apply within three months of the posting).
Payment must be submitted at the time of posting.
1. Send your check or money order payable to:
York SHRM- Job Posting
PO Box 21029
York, PA 17402
2. Make the appropriate selection below, click Buy Now and you will be directed to the PayPal site.
Human Resources Generalist (Labor & Training)
Responsible for assisting the Director in the preparation, and implementation of numerous collective bargaining agreements and memorandum of understandings. In collaboration with the Director, this position is responsible for management of labor and employee relations for the County. Responsible for developing and coordinating a county-wide training program and a county-wide Wellness program.
- Requires a minimum of a high school diploma with knowledge of general business procedures.
Previous related work experience of three (3) years in Human Resources or advanced training in Human Resources is required, or the equivalent experience & training.
- Excellent inter-personal and organizational skills are required for this service and administrative position.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft applications with advanced abilities in Microsoft word and excel.
- Ability to speak comfortably in front of a large group of people.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures of the governing body in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Ability to effectively handle stressful or sensitive situations with professionalism, tact and diplomacy to achieve a resolution at bargaining or during a dispute.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, supervisors, union officials and representatives, and employees.
- Knowledge of basic precedents and principles of labor/employee relation’s laws.
- Direct knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of grievance negotiations, fact-finding and arbitration proceedings
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advises and assists managers on disciplinary issues.
- Participates in contract negotiations by assisting with session coordination, preparation of necessary materials, taking detailed notes and providing regular updates to involved parties.
- Provide timely responses to grievances following interpretation of bargaining unit agreements and coordination with various agencies.
- Assist with the interpretation and administration of union contracts.
- Participates in labor management meetings as assigned.
- Participates in policy committee and drafts new or revised policies based on the recommendation of the committee.
- Collaborates with Human Resource staff and County management to identify training and technical assistance needs.
- Researches, plans, and organizes training programs, seminars, and conferences for all County employees. This includes negotiating prices, developing annual training curriculum and surveying employees after trainings.
- Communicate training opportunities to Directors, Elected Officials and All County employees.
- Receives, responds and tracks to countywide training registration.
- Monitors training programs expenditures to ensure budgetary compliance.
- Point of contact for tuition reimbursement program.
- Conduct orientation for new hires.
- Coordinates and Implements County-wide Wellness program
This position is a 40 hour per week position with a starting hourly rate of $16.32
Apply online at www.yorkcountypa.gov
Posted July 31, 2019
Removal August 30, 2019
A leading manufacturing facility in York has an opening for a Human Resources (HR) Associate for a “temporary to hire” part time, long weekend position.
- Competitive pay ($25-30hr. based on experience and fit to needs)
- 25 hours per week; more occasionally
- Choice of 2 schedule options:
o Friday(8am-5pm), Saturday & Sunday (4hr shift), Monday (11am-7pm)
o Thursday(11am-7pm), Friday & Saturday (4hr shift), Sunday(8am-5pm)
- Work closely with the HR partners
- Be the first point of contact for managers and employees
- Update case management, workers comp info, unemployment claims, and other general HR support
- Guide employees and managers regarding employment issues
- Assist with employee engagement
- Experience in Human Resources/ HR with knowledge of employment law
- Microsoft experience (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.)
- Ability to complete thorough investigations
For more information and to apply, contact Gisele Nadeau at email@example.com Office (717) 764-7841 Mobile (717) 515-8820
Posted August 19, 2019
Removal September 18, 2019