As part of the mission of the York SHRM to develop and promote the Human Resource field at the local level, and to actively serve the community’s best interest, HR job postings from members can be placed on the website.
To place your job posting, e-mail the job title, brief description and contact information for more details in Word format to the Communications Director (click here).
Postings will be active for 30 days.
Job Posting Fees
$50.00 for York SHRM Members
$105.00 for Non York SHRM Members.
Non-Members will then have an opportunity to become a member of the York SHRM for the remainder of the calendar year (Must apply within three months of the posting).
Payment must be submitted at the time of posting.
1. Send your check or money order payable to:
York SHRM- Job Posting
PO Box 21029
York, PA 17402
2. Make the appropriate selection below, click Buy Now and you will be directed to the PayPal site.
Job Title: Senior Human Resources Representative
Wagman was founded in 1902 and is a family-owned company and has been supporting the communities where we live, work and play, for FOUR generations! We have offices located in Pennsylvania and Virginia and we are celebrating our 120th anniversary this year!
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Human Resources Representative to join our Human Resources team. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious HR professional with at least 5 years of HR experience to join our team. The ideal candidate will be creative, self-directed, a team player and have excellent organization and communication skills.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Senior Human Resources Representative will carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: HRIS, benefits administration, employee relations, staffing support, EEOC and affirmative action, training, and general support.
Contact Information :
Posted November 2, 2022
Removal December 2, 2022
HR Manager – Hanover, PA
Based in Hanover, PA the HR Manager will support approximately 250 union and non-union associates across 2 facilities in Hanover and a distribution center in Gettysburg, PA. This position will act as a dynamic change agent to provide HR leadership and support for all HR activities in a 3-shift environment. This key position serves as a valuable member of the site Leadership Team and has a dual reporting relationship to the VP, Human Resources – Americas (based in North Bethesda, Maryland) and the Sr. Director, Operations (based in Hanover, PA).
Reporting to the Vice President, HR, Americas with a strong dual reporting relationship to the Plant Manager, Americas, this candidate selected for this position will partner with the Operations leadership team around workforce planning, organizational development, associate engagement, cultural change initiatives, continuous improvement activities, recruitment and other strategic support.
- Collaborate with the Plant Manager to understand and achieve the facility’s Operations Strategies.
- Partner with leaders and associates to support all facets of HR.
- Build capability of local teams with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively execute HR processes (i.e., performance management, succession planning, career management, development, etc.).
- Implement and manage Corporate HR Initiatives (i.e., engagement, training, talent review, performance management, development, etc.).
- Lead associate engagement activities and motivate associates at all levels to achieve desired results (i.e., High Performance Organization).
- Oversee short- and long-term disability programs including FMLA, and Worker’s Compensation as needed for local associates.
- Collaborate with US-based colleagues to establish and implement consistent practices, processes, and metrics in support of the HR strategy and goals.
- Participate in HR reviews and audits and implement required actions.
- Manage investigations and follow up with needed actions as appropriate.
- Effectively manage payroll and benefits processing and maintain complaint associate files.
- Work with Total Rewards to proactively manage job evaluation, plant compensation policies and programs or compensation market benchmarking.
- Comply with all federal and local labor laws.
Knowledge, Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related discipline required; PHR/SPHR certification is a plus.
- 5+ years Human Resource management experience; manufacturing experience in a multi-shift manufacturing and/or distribution center
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of direct reports.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment where s/he can have a positive impact on change.
- Must exercise good decision-making. Ability to use sound judgment and consult with higher-level HR management on problems as needed.
- Resilient, can-do attitude combined with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience working with HR information systems.
- Knowledgeable in employment laws and practices.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Ability to influence, negotiate, mediate and coach.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven organizational and time management skills, and the ability to complete a variety of concurrent projects, with supervision, in a time sensitive manner.
- Proactive, customer focused, and results oriented.
- Demonstrate business maturity and integrity; possess a high degree of tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- Strong follow through, accountability, initiative and flexibility required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States; this position will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Must be able to work before or after normal business hours as needed.
- Must be able to flex schedule to support multi-shift facility.
For more information and to apply, go to https://esab.com/us/nam_en/about/careers/
Posted November 16. 2022
Removal December 16, 2022
Training, Health & Safety Coordinator
For over 30 years League & Legacy collectively as L2 Brands have been producing premium custom graphic logo headwear, apparel and home décor. L2 is rooted in a hardworking, entrepreneurial culture driven to provide best-in-class products in a fun, relaxed environment.
The essential responsibilities of the Training, Health & Safety Coordinator include working with the management team to identify training requirements and institute plans for training new and current team members. Additional essential duties include managing workers’ compensation and implementing policies to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule and conduct meetings with management to proactively identify training topics to be addressed or areas in need of additional development.
- Develop internal marketing materials to be distributed within the company promoting training courses and necessary details.
- Develop a Master Training Schedule by Department which includes training for new hires, refresher training for existing employees, and new training initiatives and topics.
- Conduct onsite training courses for production positions related to health & safety and FLA required training programs and coordinate onsite & offsite technical training.
- Document training plans for production positions and ensure that specific production level skills training is taking place consistently as needed.
- Seek and gather information from management, employees, and other departments regarding the effectiveness of completed training courses and constantly seek to improve.
- Utilize L2’s Learning Management System (LMS) to assign and track all employee training.
- Apply for WEDnetPA training grants.
Health & Safety:
- Serve as Chairperson of the Safety Committee.
- Attend monthly Safety Committee Meetings
- discuss recent recorded injuries and near misses;
- conduct a root cause analysis of injuries and near misses;
- discuss corrective action needed to prevent reoccurrence of injuries or near misses;
- assign responsibility for implementing corrective action needed.
- Ensure L2’s facility complies with OSHA standards to include identifying safety, health, and environmental risks.
- Develop and implement inspections policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections.
- Develop health & safety procedures for all areas of the company.
- Prepare and schedule training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics.
- Monitor compliance with safety procedures.
- Meet with employees immediately following the reporting of a work-related injury/illness to ensure they’re provided instructions on where to receive care and information on their rights.
- Timely report work-related injuries/illnesses and updates to L2’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier.
- Responsible for OSHA reporting of forms 300 and 301.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent training experience.
- Experience with instructional methods, coaching and skill development in a group business setting preferred.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and other departments.
- Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple training initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of business goals and standards for customer service.
- Outstanding time management, good judgement, and ability to manage multiple priorities/deadlines with a positive can-do attitude.
- Extremely organized.
- Excellent leadership; interpersonal; collaboration and verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with others at all levels within an organization.
- Highly productive and a strong team player who works with a sense of urgency and hands-on approach.
- A level of self-direction and self-motivation in aligning your personal actions and areas of responsibilities within the company and understanding their fit into the bigger picture.
- Ability to cross boundaries within the organization to enhance your effectiveness and advance your objectives and achieve results.
- The ability to quickly adapt to, be accepted by and inter-relate with colleagues at all levels, particularly in a company with a very strong and rich corporate culture.
- An honest and forthright individual who is flexible, coachable, upfront, and direct with direct reports, peers, and management.
- Commitment to company vision/values/brand.
For more information and how to apply contact Sarah Bull at email@example.com
Posted December 1, 2022
Removal December 31, 2022